2023 & a Marathon
January 4th, 2023
2023 is a big year for me personally.
- My toddler will be heading off to School.
- A new little one will be joining us in May.
- We’re pushing Steadfast Collective further than ever.
- My 30th time around the sun.
- I’m running the London Marathon.
I’ve run four half marathons, but never run further than 22KM.
Why a marathon and why now?
While I will be fundraising for a fantastic charity, it is nearly entirely for selfish reasons.
When I run, i’m in a better place.
A place where I can think clearly, process and tidy my thoughts.
As I head into a year filled with a lack of sleep, hard work and crossing the 30 mark, I knew I wanted to find a challenge which would force me to carve time out for training.
I want to be in the shape of my life, both mentally and physically, and running is one part of that puzzle.
PS: if you live around Romsey and wish to join me for a run - please do reach out!